Apple has revamped many of the controls in its iOS Camera app. This is because some new features require new behavior.
If you want to steady the camera or you want to press the shutter but still have time to run around and star in your own picture, you need the self-timer.
- On the iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max, just open the Camera app.
- Tap on the upward arrow in the top center of your screen. (You can also just swipe up on the viewfinder.) This reveals the control toolbar above the Camera app shutter button.
- Second from the far right is the timer icon. Tap this icon to reveal three choices:
- Timer Off
- Select 3s or 10s and press the shutter button.
- The camera will start a count-down (the screen will flash with each passing second and a number will appear designating how many seconds there are before the shutter actually fires) and then the photo will be made.
It’s simple, straightforward and easy.